Back to News
Message From NHS England - Key messages to the public- Corona-Virus Update 16.03.2020
Posted on 16 Mar 2020
Key messages to the public
- If you have symptoms of Coronavirus infection, however mild, stay at home and do not leave your house for seven days from when your symptoms started.
- This action will help protect others in your community whilst you are infectious.
- Plan ahead and ask others for help to ensure that you can successfully stay at home.
- Ask your employer, friends and family to help you to get the things you need to stay at home.
- Stay at least two metres (about three steps) away from other people in your home whenever possible.
- Sleep alone, if that is possible.
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water.
- Stay away from vulnerable individuals, such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions, as much as possible.
- You do not need to call NHS111 to go into self-isolation. If your symptoms worsen during home isolation, or are no better after seven days, use the NHS 111 online service. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111. For a medical emergency only, dial 999.
Corona-virus Symptoms Tracker